My Vivid Blanket

June 20, 2013

vivid2

I knew as soon as I saw Emily’s first square I would have to knit a Vivid Blanket. It was just so pretty, a lacy flower framed by squishy garter stitch. Like little pictures put together in a beautiful blanket. I wanted to put my own little spin on it of course (we are knitters, it’s what we do right?) with a greeny-blue colour palette and white borders to tie it all together.

vivid4

The Yarn ::: While I wish I could take credit for the amazing colour combo in this blanket (if I do say so myself) it is a palette designed by Tanis of Tanis Fiber Arts. She has put together kits of her Yellow Label DK yarn in carefully considered and beautiful TFA Color Palettes. This one is her ‘Signature Pallette’ and I was in love right away! Although I also have my eye on Rainbow Bright….

TFA Signature Palette

TFA Rainbow Bright Palette

Project Details :::

Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Yellow Label DK ‘Signature Palette’and 2 skeins ‘natural‘ for the borders.

Needles: 4mm double points and 16″ circular (I switched to the circular for the border)

Pattern: Vivid by Emily Wessel

Finished Measurements: 1 blocked square measures 9 inches. Finished blanket (I used 16 squares) is 36 inches square

vivid3

Tutorial ::: If you want to whip up your very own Vivid Blanket, but maybe feel a bit daunted, you can check out our step by step tutorial here.

If you want to see this blanket in person, drop by our booth at TNNA this weekend! We will be with Deep South Fibers at booth 146

vivid1

Patterns perfect for TFA:

1. April 5, 2014 8:02 pm

I just like the helpful info you supply to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check once more right here frequently.
    I am rather sure I’ll learn lots of new stuff right right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

2. Lynne Phelps permalink
    July 23, 2013 7:17 am

I love this! Please add photos of this version to the pattern page, and add the yarn requirements for the border color there as well! Would also be such a great stash buster in this version with the common color framing all!

3. Shanna Dijkstra permalink
    July 1, 2013 5:51 am

Did you manage to squeeze two squares out of every skein?

• July 9, 2013 5:18 pm

I could get a LOT of squares out of a full skein, it took me about 60 yards per center.

4. June 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Easily one of the top three things I’ve seen knitted in 2013. GORGEOUS

5. June 24, 2013 10:08 am

Fabulous colours!

6. June 22, 2013 3:06 pm

Wow that is insanely beautiful. Perfect idea for if I have a girl someday!

7. June 21, 2013 6:46 am

This is gorgeous! I loved this blanket the first time I saw the original, but now I love it even more! Not that I’m biased or anything… ;)

8. June 21, 2013 3:28 am

This pattern is very beautiful and will use up a lot of my odd balls of Sublime I have lying around. I’ve just purchased it and may give it a start this weekend. :D x

9. sheiladiva permalink
    June 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Gorgeous colour choices, Alexa! Amazing pattern too! I may have to make one with the brights…

10. June 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Wow this blanket is gorgeous and I love the colors you chose.

11. June 20, 2013 6:12 pm