We need your support! Together, we can make knitting patterns BETTER for EVERYONE
Alexa and I have been creating free patterns, supportive tutorials, encouragement, and inspiration for more than a decade now. Our aim was (and still is!) to make patterns better:
- FUN and easy to use
- More valuable, with our inclusive baby-to-big size range, multiple yarn weights, and design options
- Better and more accessible support with dozens of tutorials
We’ve always made and shared our work in the most generous way we know how – you’ve noticed, right? And many of you have asked how you can support us… Well, now’s your moment!
Right now, we’re taking a BIG step: we’re crafting a more responsive, powerful, and simple format for knitting patterns, starting in our app.
To take this BIG step, we really need your support.
We’re raising funds to continue to developing this new format. Check out the exclusive rewards we’ve put together for our supporters!
What are we excited about? How is a responsive pattern better?
In the app, we’re developing a responsive pattern format that adjusts to YOUR needs and YOUR preferences. The funds we raise now will take the app further in these exciting directions:
- Accessibility: Let’s make knitting patterns more accessible for folks with diverse needs and skills!
- Support: What if you could find trusted help at a tap – videos, images, or text – whichever works best for you!
- Charts: Imagine snapping a pic of your yarn to change the chart to YOUR colours! Let’s make charts (with text equivalents) easier to follow.
Our mission is to make knitting patterns BETTER, for knitters and designers everywhere. We’ve got a BIG vision!
Why Tin Can Knits? We’re the women for the job!
Alexa and I have been around for awhile now (12 years), and we plan to be here, knitting with you and publishing patterns for at least two dozen more! We’re here to stay.
- We’re committed to this craft.
- We know you and we know patterns! Answering your emails for a decade has prepared us with a deep knowledge of knitter’s needs, bugbears, and a wide range of preferences.
- We’re committed to making things better for all knitters – for yarn shop owners, for teachers, for designers, and for learners.
- We’re looking to the future to make this craft, which means so much to us, and to you, even better for all!
We’ve got the knowledge, the passion, and the commitment to our industry. You can trust us to create something valuable and special, a new format we know you will love.
~ Emily and Alexa