Emily Wessel

Hello - I'm from Vancouver Island, Canada, but I live and work in Edinburgh, Scotland. I am co-founder and designer at Tin Can Knits - www.tincanknits.com

11 Comments

1. Marl
    September 21, 2016 @ 11:55 pm

I cried when reading your story … my mom lived 500 miles away and seldom saw my children. Before she died my children drove from NY to OH to see her for the last time. She was glad to see them after about 5+ years but still said ‘you shouldn’t have come.’

My baby is now 48 and we haven’t seen each other since 2003 … and he has yet to tell me he has 2 children – and is now divorced. My eldest never had children.

So, make sure to snuggle a lot and capture all the memories you can – and laugh a lot.

I love this blanket!!

2. Stacey (admin)
    April 20, 2015 @ 12:05 pm

Stunning blanket design!

3. Jani
    April 18, 2015 @ 3:42 pm

That was supposed to be the *quilty* look! :)

4. Jani
    April 18, 2015 @ 3:41 pm

Love the quilts look of this blanket! I was interested in a kit, but my favorite (color way D) doesn’t sem to be available – did it sell out already??

5. miss agnes
    April 17, 2015 @ 2:02 pm

Oh yes, as you age you do become more and more like your mother, whether you like it or not. Genes, early imprints, whatever the reason, it just happens and there is no use fighting it. But to reassure you, you still have a long way to go before your baby leaves you. Enjoy the journey ahead of you, filled with pleasure, sorrows, surprises, but always this deep love for your child that will never go away.
    I love the design, what a great idea to give us knitters the joy of making a quilt like blanket.

6. knittedblissjc
    April 17, 2015 @ 1:23 pm

what a stunning blanket!! Iand I love the different ways it could be configured, that is so clever. And all the colour options!!

7. plutoniummuffins
    April 16, 2015 @ 6:11 pm

I love the TCK blankets, this one is no exception! And the story to go with it makes me feel emotional even though I’m still a long way from having my own kids. Thanks for sharing :)

8. Eryn
    April 16, 2015 @ 3:25 pm

What adorable pullover is Max wearing in the first picture? I love it!

• Emily Wessel
      April 23, 2015 @ 7:48 am

It’s the Flax Light – a new sock-weight version of the Flax Pullover that we will be releasiong soon!

• Emily Wessel
      April 23, 2015 @ 7:48 am

It’s the Flax Light – a new sock-weight version of the Flax Pullover that we will be releasing soon!