How to Make a Bobble
There are many bobbles out there, this one is from the Winterberry blanket pattern. While the number of sts and rows might be different, the principles remain the same. To make a bobble you are increasing the number of sts by working multiple stitches in one stitch, working solely on those sts for a few rows, then decreasing back down to the original number of sts. Let’s see what that looks like:
How to make the bobble in the Winterberry blanket:
- Work to the stitch specified in the pattern
- Work k1, yo, k1, yo, k1 ALL IN THE SAME STITCH. You now have 5 stitches where you had 1 stitch.
- turn your work so the wrong side is facing and purl the 5 sts.
- turn your work back so the right side is facing, knit those 5 sts.
- turn your work back so the wrong side is facing, work decrease: p2tog, p1, p2tog
- turn your work back so the right side is facing, work decrease: slip 1, k2tog, pass slipped stitch over
That’s it, bobble complete. They look a little tricky but after a few you will have it down pat. Now you can embark on your very own cozy and cute Winterberry blanket.
SHARE the knit knowledge :::
Do you have knitting friends who could use this tutorial? Share this post, or let them know about the great free patterns they could try from The Simple Collection. And join in the conversation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Ravelry!
Patterns with in depth tutorials: