Professor Jones

January 16, 2018

This year Jones has discovered Super Heroes. He loves them. He loves Superman the very best. He only found out about super heroes a couple of months ago, but he knows so many names and facts already, it amazes me! When he hit the dinosaur phase (which isn’t gone, just in the background right now), I had to bone-up (pun intended) on all my dinosaur facts. Now I find myself looking up the name of Superman’s mum, and any information on Krypton I can find. One of Jonesies favourite things to know is a super hero’s secret identity: Diana Prince, Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Arthur Curry, the list goes on! Super Jones secret identity is Professor Jones (I know, it’s not that secret when they are both named Jones, but he’s 5 and he likes it). And so I give you, Professor Jones.

Project Details:

Pattern: Gramps

Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in ‘cast iron’

Size: 6-8 years

Mods: I skipped the elbow patches (for now)

Professor Jones is a Paleontologist. When he isn’t fighting crime as Super Jones, he is digging up dinosaur bones and trying to extract dino-DNA to make a real live T-Rex. You can find him in the field, presumably covered in dust, or in his office, pouring over dino books in the cozy sweater his mum knit for him. Every professor needs a tweedy cardigan with a shawl collar and pockets, and a bow tie to add a little eccentric flair. They just do.

Future knits for Professor Jones wardrobe:

1. Anya permalink
    January 23, 2018 6:40 pm

He is adorable. :) And now my Owen (age 4) wants a Gramps to be like the big boy here. :)

2. January 19, 2018 9:01 am

I suspect Professor Jones has a double-sized heart to power those two identities. Makes sense to me. I applaud what ever mission he sends his super self on! I cannot begin to think what knitted item Super Jones would choose. Perhaps the togue of invisibility?

3. Helen permalink
    January 17, 2018 1:15 pm

So serious, Professor! Cute

4. Laurpud permalink
    January 17, 2018 9:58 am

His secret identity is safe with me! I wish I could find a similar sweater in MY size. No fancy stitches, no colorwork, just a shawl collared sweater with pockets, set-in sleeves, & a low price point

5. paws permalink
    January 17, 2018 9:36 am

Adorable!

6. January 16, 2018 11:56 pm

Professor Jones looks so chic! My son had a lengthy dinosaur phase too, he still loves them but he switched to Godzilla and movie monsters. And you definitely need a superhero to beat a monster like Godzilla. Love the charcoal yarn.

7. January 16, 2018 11:46 am

Professor Jones is, quite simply, adorable ! – and his cardy’s pretty damned terrific, too.

8. January 16, 2018 10:56 am

This sweater is so sweet! I love it.

9. SuEllyn permalink
    January 16, 2018 10:02 am

OMG – I’m am squeeing with the adorableness of these pictures!
    OK, I know he would not appreciate being called adorable since he’s a super hero’s secret identity, BUT so cute!!
    (great sweater too)

10. Julia permalink
    January 16, 2018 9:02 am

Gorgeous model and a beautiful cardigan.
    I love your Flax Light and I would love to buy a 4-ply / sock yarn version of your Harvest cardigan. Maybe that is something you could consider doing?
    Thank you and keep up your wonderful work!

11. Theresa permalink
    January 16, 2018 8:01 am

He is so cute, If I was anywhere near I would have to get a big squeeze in. Beautiful sweater and boy!

12. Kathy D permalink
    January 16, 2018 7:49 am

How adorable! He’s a natural in front of the camera – and very professorish!

13. Linda Quick permalink