This step-by-step tutorial explains how to knit the Love Note sweater: a top-down pullover with a pretty lace pattern at the yoke. Ready to get started? Get your copy of the Love Note pattern here and follow along!
What you’ll learn in this tutorial
We’ve broken the Love Note tutorial into 6 parts. Start at the beginning and work your way through – or just jump to the technique you need help with!
- Yarn choice and sizing: How to choose a fabulous yarn combination and find the right size for you.
- Construction: An overview of the process and how the sweater is constructed.
- Yoke: How to work the provisional cast-on, lace pattern, and raglan increases.
- Body and sleeves: Creating the high-low hem and picking up the sleeves.
- Neckline: How to pick up stitches from the unzipped, provisional cast-on, plus tips for ensuring the perfect fit.
- Finishing: How to finish off your beautiful sweater!
New to knitting lingo? You can find definitions for any abbreviations here.
When you share your Love Note, be sure to use the hashtag #LoveNoteSweater! Surf the #LoveNoteSweater hashtag on Instagram and check out the projects on Ravelry.com to help you decide what colour, yarn, size, and fit will suit you best.
If you’re not already getting our emails, join our list to stay in the loop!