Happy Holidays from Alexa and Emily

December 24, 2020

This year, while staying close to home, we have continued to learn and grow, to support our families, and to connect within our communities. This pandemic has had very different impacts for each of us, and for each of you. For many, it has brought great loss, and our hearts are with you in your rage and sadness — and in hope for some serenity in the year to come.

We continue to be grateful, to recognize our privileges, and to focus on the small joys to be found in everyday life. Stitch by stitch by stitch by stitch, the act of knitting has soothed the two of us — and from what we’ve heard, it’s been a comfort to many of you, too.

To close out the year on a positive note, we wanted to share some of our favourite photos of our knits and our lives from 2020. We wish you warm and happy holidays, and we hope that 2021 brings love, pleasure, health, and safety for you and for all your loved ones.

~Alexa and Emily

1. December 28, 2020 9:08 am

Favorite photo hands down: the “yarn dyed” hair!

2. Jean S. permalink
    December 25, 2020 5:36 am

There is so much joy in these pictures! Thank you for sharing them ❤️

3. Elizabeth permalink
    December 25, 2020 4:57 am

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year 🎄🎉🍾!

4. Laura permalink
    December 25, 2020 3:26 am

You have said it all perfectly! Wishing you and yours happy holidays and all the best in the new year!

5. Patty Johnson permalink
    December 24, 2020 12:44 pm

Great pictures! Happy holidays!

6. December 24, 2020 9:07 am

Oops! Meant to add, staying home too and we shall try and make the best of it and be thankful for what we have. It’s been an odd year, it’s going to be an odd, quiet Christmas. My poor 23 year old son is stuck at home with his parents – no liaisons with girlfriend or friends, no parties, no celebrating – we shall cope but I do wonder how I would have done if my life had been curtailed as much as his has this year. We can only wish for a speedy recovery to some kind of ‘normality’ or at least part of life as it was before – next Christmas we will reflect back on this one and pat ourselves on the back for getting through. Merry Christmas!

7. December 24, 2020 9:03 am

Beautiful knits! And a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing with us. Just off to sneak in a little tasty treat – my mouth watered when I saw the last photo!!!

8. December 24, 2020 7:39 am

Hold up! A photo of treats but no links to recipes?

I’m going to pretend that’s a flattened version of Buckeyes until instructed otherwise. ;)

Happy holidays, y’all! <3

• December 31, 2020 12:37 pm

Haha, what a tease! Those are a layered boozy chocolate my mum makes every year. It’s a layer of dark chocolate, butter, and orange liquer, middle layer of white chocolate, milk chocolate, butter, and Baileys, top layer of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, butter, and coffee liquer.

9. December 24, 2020 7:27 am

Thank you Emily and Alexa!

Your tutorials and patterns are so generous—as if you’ve designed them to give the nervous knitter courage. You’ve coached me through my first wear-able sweater (flax) and first cables (a hat, I can’t remember the name). I never feel left out in the cold when I have a question while I’m working.

Wishing you and your families much health and a wonderful holiday season into 2021.

If I ever find the courage to actually use more than one color in a project, I’m sure it will be with you!

Sending love from the Jersey Shore,
    Linda Natanagara
    Belmar, NJ

10. December 24, 2020 6:31 am

Beautiful work. What a good year! Thank you both.