13 Comments

1. Dana Franchi
    August 21, 2014 @ 1:10 pm

I recently took a day trip from Michigan to Simply Socks Yarn Shop in Indiana. What a fun little store with a HUGE selection of, you guessed it, sock yarn. We had a group of about 12 ladies and made a wonderful day of it!

2. The whole crew
    July 30, 2014 @ 9:58 am

So nice to see all you Knitteratti on Bainbridge Island. What a fab group!

3. salpal1
    July 24, 2014 @ 1:39 pm

I am impressed that all you bought was two skeins. Someday I will get over to the west coast and check out all the yarn stores. :-)

4. Jane Richmond
    July 24, 2014 @ 12:12 pm

OH SOOO jealous!!! I really, really wish we could have come with you. It looks like you had an amazing time!

• alexaludeman
      August 5, 2014 @ 10:11 pm

We simply must go back, so come next time!

5. Very Shannon
    July 24, 2014 @ 10:13 am

YAY! So glad you guys had a great time! I’m so sad we couldn’t join you! I’m happy to see Journey out in the wild though! Great pic of E!
    Looking forward to seeing you gals in Oct xoxox

6. melissainprogress
    July 24, 2014 @ 10:08 am

Great post! I’m going to Chicago next week and can’t wait to visit some yarn stores and have a yarn adventure while I’m there!

7. Katinka
    July 24, 2014 @ 8:37 am

Bodhi is adorable – it’s good to indoctrinate them into yarn shopping early! :)

8. knittedblissjc
    July 24, 2014 @ 7:36 am

ooh, gorgeous shops, and now I wnat to go to Washington! Looks like it was a really fun day.

9. Col
    July 24, 2014 @ 6:52 am

What a fantastic posting. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all the photos, the links to the shops and yarn companies. I WANT a Tolt mug. I am going to slowly enjoy perusing the all the different yarns, many of I have never heard from. Thank you! So glad you all had such a great day.

10. Linda Quick
    July 24, 2014 @ 5:40 am

I’ll be in Maine the end of August – so it’ll be The Yarn Sellar, Romney Ridge, Bartlett Mill and whatever else we find along the way and off the way of Rte 1. Oh, and Hub Mills in Mass. Counting…

11. littleblackdogsa
    July 24, 2014 @ 12:54 am

I am so saving my money for a trip and vacation in Washington. :-)
    Love your Hazel Knits. :-)

12. Mary
    July 24, 2014 @ 12:31 am

I have just been up to Halifax Spinners Mill north of Doncaster and met the charming Paul to drop off my wool stash. It was 20kilo of Wensleydale cross Shetland a dark reddish brown 4-5inches long, and a mixed bag of Shetland ,cream,fawn ,moorit and almost black.20kilo minimum batch means I will mix the Shetland up and end up with 4ply which I can double up if I want double knit weight. Paul is also going to do some lace weight out of the Wensleydale cross Shetland .I don’t allow myself to buy knitting wool as I have to use my stash up of off the self wool in preparation for my own wool arriving let alone what I need to spin up.