For an epic start to 2015, Alexa and I packed up our families and headed to Tofino, on the west coast of Vancouver Island. We drove through the frosty mountains, cooked a seafood feast, and soaked in the hot tub watching grey green waves curl and break on the sandy shore. It was a great way to start the new year… and an inspiring place to plan new designs and special events for the upcoming year!
Upcoming Tin Can Knits Events
- This Friday, January 9th come meet us in person in Vancouver – we’re having a book signing at Urban Yarns from 7 to 9 pm.
- If you’re in Yorkshire in February, sign up for a class with Emily at Baa Ram Ewe in Harrogate or Leeds – February 11th and 12th 2015. Or come along to the evening events to say hello and check out the Tin Can Knits samples, and lovely Titus yarn in person!
- At the Edinburgh Yarn Festival, March 14th and 15th 2015, you can try on samples, get your books signed, and shop Rainbow Heirloom yarns in person too! Emily is also teaching 2 classes… sign up now to secure your place!
- To spend the weekend with Alexa, check out the Fraser Valley Knitter’s Retreat at Springbrooke Retreat Centre on July 3rd to 5th, 2015.
- You can check out classes with Alexa at Black Sheep Yarns in Port Moody or 88 Stitches in Langley this Winter
New Years in Tofino
Tofino is one of both Alexa and my favourite places in the world. Our business actually started there – on a road trip we took back in 2010, when Alexa and I were walking the beach and she said “we should write a knitting book”… and I agreed! A year or so later 9 Months of Knitting was born, and our partnership was established.
This trip, with toddlers leading the way, we rambled along the beach and through the wet wild rainforest. There were impromptu science lessons while gazing in tidal pools, lovely family photoshoots, and lots of warm woolies required!
Do you have New Year’s traditions?
Designs inspired by Tofino!