2015 is The Year of the Sweater – #TCK12sweaters2015 – and I’ve got some pretty darn ambitious plans!
As well as knitting 12 or more sweaters, I also plan to participate in Me Made May (showcasing and working on my handmade wardrobe), run a 1/2 marathon, and take swing dancing lessons! It’s going to be a great year.
matchy matchy… it’s cheesy but we love it!
Sweater #1 of 12 is done (that was the Flax for Max). And as of about 15 minutes ago (literally) sweater #2 of 12 is done: an Antler cardigan for me. It was even completed before the end of February (although I must admit, I started it AGES ago…!).
Are you planning to knit an Antler cardigan for yourself or a little one? We’ve got an entire in-depth tutorial here, so be sure to check it out before you cast on.
monster sized lists and moderately sized results
As far as project planning goes, my habit is to plan REALLY big, and then finish a small percentage of what I planned. I’m OK with this as a strategy, because it means I end up accomplishing quite a few projects and adventures, even though there are many that I don’t get to. I make a lot of ‘mega lists’ along the way. Anybody else like this?
Em’s mega sweater list
- Flax pattern hack for my 2-year-old niece Millie… it’s going to be in Rainbow Heirloom Sweater in ‘princess rockstar’ pink, and will have a lace panel at the sleeves instead of garter stitch.
- Lacy little number for my friend Chantal… it’s a secret new design that I’m working on
- Cozy pullover for my husband John… it’s a secret new design that Alexa’s working on
- Snowflake pullover for myself (maybe I’ll finish it in time for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival?)
- North Shore for Max – I’m thinking it will be a cardigan version, and I’ll knit it Rainbow Heirloom Sweater in greys and blacks and white.
- Clayoquot Cardigan for me – it’s my favourite design from Road Trip, I just really need one!
- One or two sweaters from other designers: Ysolda, Kate Davies, Norah Gaugan, Brooklyn Tweed are all on my list of potentials…
Any opinions? Which designs should I make for me?
what sweaters are you planning this year?
Tag your posts #TCK12sweaters2015 and join in the fun on our Ravelry group, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. We have some really big things in store for our TCK fans this year… make sure you get our email updates so you don’t miss out!
Popular TCK sweaters
March 10, 2015 @ 3:36 pm
I am so happy I was able to get lots of your sweater patterns this past weekend! I have yarn to make Flax for my husband, I want Harvest for me, Gramps for my almost 16 year old, and Antler for me and whoever wants to match me! Any suggestions for a yarn for the 11 year old who doesn’t like wool? He is not getting a sweater, but maybe a Hipster hat.
March 10, 2015 @ 10:20 pm
No wool! NOOOOO! Just kidding, what about a blend? Berocco Vintage is a wool/acrylic mix
February 22, 2015 @ 7:56 am
All of those are on my list too! I’ve been wanting to try that Joji Locatelli with the lace panel for a while….
February 21, 2015 @ 12:24 am
For me, 2015 is the year of the sweater in the sense that I will aim to make ONE sweater this year. In 20 years of knitting, I’ve only made 1 sweater and 1 vest so….I’m due for a sweater again. Your posts are motivational, thank you!
I will be in Edinburgh on Saturday, March 7 following work travel. I will be one week early for the yarn fest :((( Anyone have suggestions on what to do yarn-knit wise on the 7th?