Em’s Sweater Plan
2015 is The Year of the Sweater – #TCK12sweaters2015 – and I’ve got some pretty darn ambitious plans!
As well as knitting 12 or more sweaters, I also plan to participate in Me Made May (showcasing and working on my handmade wardrobe), run a 1/2 marathon, and take swing dancing lessons! It’s going to be a great year.
matchy matchy… it’s cheesy but we love it!
Sweater #1 of 12 is done (that was the Flax for Max). And as of about 15 minutes ago (literally) sweater #2 of 12 is done: an Antler cardigan for me. It was even completed before the end of February (although I must admit, I started it AGES ago…!).
monster sized lists and moderately sized results
As far as project planning goes, my habit is to plan REALLY big, and then finish a small percentage of what I planned. I’m OK with this as a strategy, because it means I end up accomplishing quite a few projects and adventures, even though there are many that I don’t get to. I make a lot of ‘mega lists’ along the way. Anybody else like this?
Em’s mega sweater list
- Flax pattern hack for my 2-year-old niece Millie… it’s going to be in Rainbow Heirloom Sweater in ‘princess rockstar’ pink, and will have a lace panel at the sleeves instead of garter stitch.
- Lacy little number for my friend Chantal… it’s a secret new design that I’m working on
- Cozy pullover for my husband John… it’s a secret new design that Alexa’s working on
- Snowflake pullover for myself (maybe I’ll finish it in time for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival?)
- North Shore for Max – I’m thinking it will be a cardigan version, and I’ll knit it Rainbow Heirloom Sweater in greys and blacks and white.
- Clayoquot Cardigan for me – it’s my favourite design from Road Trip, I just really need one!
- One or two sweaters from other designers: Ysolda, Kate Davies, Norah Gaugan, Brooklyn Tweed are all on my list of potentials…
Any opinions? Which designs should I make for me?
what sweaters are you planning this year?
Tag your posts #TCK12sweaters2015 and join in the fun on our Ravelry group, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. We have some really big things in store for our TCK fans this year… make sure you get our email updates so you don’t miss out!
Popular TCK sweaters